How to Score 20+ in Mathematics of RRB NTPC Exam 2019?
The Mathematics Section of RRB NTPC 2019 is one of the important and high scoring sections. It is a time-consuming yet scoring section for the students who are appearing for the RRB NTPC Exam 2019. You need to be aware of the essential factors needed to crack the exam with sure-shot success.
The Mathematics section tests your skills with the use of numbers and number sense. In order to get a good score in this section, you should have in-depth knowledge of all the formulas and the pattern of questions asked. Further, having a stronghold of the concepts is surely help you in preparing well and scoring well in the subject.
Preparation Strategies for RRB NTPC Mathematics
RRB NTPC exam 2019 is tentatively scheduled between June to September 2019. A candidate needs to appear for stage 1 and stage 2 examination to get selected for the different job profiles under RRB NTPC exam.
The Mathematics section of RRB NTPC comprises of 30 multiple-choice questions, and each question will provide you 1 marks for every correct answer. Before discussing the subject in details, let’s understand the complete syllabus of the Mathematics of RRB NTPC exam below:
The chief categories in Exams under the Mathematics Section are as follows:
- Number System
- Fractions and Decimals
- LCM, HCF
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Ratio & Proportion
- Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Elementary Algebra
- Geometry and Trigonometry
- Elementary Statistics.
RRB NTPC Important Books
Books play a major role in helping students to understand the concepts of the topics and also for giving a platform to practice the questions. Here, we have provided some of the best books, which a student need to have for scoring good in Mathematics of RRB NTPC 2019:
- Quantitative CAT by Sarvesh Kumar Verma
- Class Notes by Rakesh Yadav
- Platform Series by Rukmini Publications
- Quantitative Aptitude for the Cat by Nishit K.Sinha
- Arithmetic for General Competitions by Neetu Singh
Mathematics Preparation Strategy
- Work on your Basics: Before beginning your preparation for Mathematics, don’t consider for shortcuts. Start with basics and develop in-depth knowledge of the topics. After gaining command over topics, move forward with shortcuts or tricks for quick calculations.
- Time Management: Give proper and dedicated time to all the topics covered in the exam. Firstly, focus on your weak areas and practice every topic which your strength is but devote your time for the weak area more. Do not waste more than one minute to any question.
- Practice Mock Test/Question Papers: Try to practice RRB NTPC mock test and previous papers. As the exam pattern keeps changing, remember to consider the current structure of the exam.
- Gain Short-cut Methods: For enhancing your calculation speed, you must focus on the short-cut methods and tricks which will help you in saving time for solving tough questions in the exam. Remember tables, cubes, squares, and square roots for quick calculations.
- Read the Complete Question To avoid the mistake of reading incomplete questions and arriving at wrong answer eventually.
- Don’t Use Risky Shortcuts to Get the Answer: If you are not aware of any shortcut or trick, then avoid using them as it may lead to misunderstanding and the wrong answer, which can lead to negative marking.
- No to Guessworks: Guesswork may give you wrong answers and will provide you with negative marking.
- Practice Important Topics: Students can investigate the year-wise analysis and focus on the vital topics and scoring topics.
Tips to Ace the Mathematics Section
- The basic knowledge forms the root for the higher level of studies. Hence, devote your focus more on the basics and formulas of the subject.
- To get a proper exam pattern of the exam, practice and solve previous year question papers, mock tests.
- The complete knowledge of the subject will not help you until you practice it. Practice as much as you can, so that solving the questions in the exam will be easy and smooth for you.
- Apply short tricks in the mock tests for quick calculations and avoid them if you are not sure about it.
- The RRB NTPC Exams are conducted within the limited time constraint, so it is important to have the best strategy to complete the paper in an operative manner so that you can score well in the RRB NTPC exam.
- It is important to analyse the complete paper first and then start with the easy questions.
- After attempting the easy questions, you can go for the typical questions in the mounting order of difficulty.
- It is suggested to go for the questions in which you have confusion and solve them correctly in the last 5-10 minutes.
- Don’t waste your time and leave the question if you are not able to solve that in 2 minutes.
- Focus more on correctness than the number of questions attempted. This is equally important along with the number of attempts as there is negative marking in exams.
Try to maintain a diary for better organizing yourself. Write down all the important formulas and concepts of the subject. Write down any different approaches, you came across while solving the questions.
Do not forget the importance of the revision and previous year papers as that will help you in boosting your confidence for the exam. Moreover, solving these papers help you in tracking the level of preparation for the exam.
For more information or query regarding the preparation strategy for Mathematics of RRB NTPC exam 2019, drop your comment in the comment section below.